Pages

Tuesday, July 29, 2008

My first post

I just decided to start another blog to journal the events of my first mission trip. I feel that it is "God's will" and am excited to share about my experiences...

When i first came home from China after adopting our daughter almost 3.5 years ago, i just felt that i would be called back there to do God's will with working with orphans and the people of China.

I was amazed at the country - it would go from extreme poverty to great wealth: how can a country be so extreme. It boggles my mind that this country makes and produces such things as toys and electronics yet doesn't have clean water to drink and cook with - Amazing. The values (or better yet the lack of values) and regard to human life is just unfathomable to me. I guess it is because i am a Christian and thank my Heavenly Father for the life he has given me and strive to live it for Him. It is hard for me to understand how a country that values life because of their "social security" system of the elderly relies on males taking care of them - so they abandon the precious little girls or the children that need special surgeries.

I think that they just don't know how good life can be if they just believed in theri creator. So, i am thrilled to be able to have the opportunity to share that with the people of China. So, my upcoming trip (Nov. 1-15) isn't just about sharing God's love to the precious orphans - it is about sharing it with the people of China too. I feel that this will be somewhat of a challenge for me as i don't always feel confident in reciting scripture but i am sure of the gospel and what Jesus has done for us and i look forward to sharing that with them and just loving on them too.

So - what happened from 3.5 years ago until now... Well, in January 2008 i heard about Tim Baker from Philip Hayden Foundation coming to Spokane. I mentioned to Lance that i would like to hear what he has to say but that i'd also like to take a mission trip to China this summer. He said "Well, then you should go!" After not being able to sleep that whole night - wondering if my friend Steve had a group going and if there was room for me, morning finally came! I called Steve and sure enough he was going this summer but his group was full - bummer! But that was okay - i told him that i wanted to go next summer and that maybe Taylor could go with me. I told him that once he's 13 he could go on a mission trip with me to China. so, that was the plan... Although, in March or April, Steve called me to say that he was putting a group together for a trip in November. But this group was going to be mostly people/leaders that might get a vision for organizing additional trips for their home churches! That was perfect!!! Because since my conversation with Steve that day in Jan., i had come in contact with someone else with a heart for ophans and we had been praying about starting an orphan ministry at our church - and i am excited to say that she is coming with me and we have started a ministry too:) And part of our ministry is to organize mission trips to orphanages - GOD is SO GOOD!!

So - that is how it all got started...

No comments: