Pages

Saturday, August 4, 2012

Day 14 - Aug. 3 - "See You Laters"


Today was a day of “See You Laters” – we began our day with a quick stop at Fontana’s for some last minute souveniers and snacks for the airplane then, we were off to Melody House.  We had planned on making friendship bracelets, tissue pom pom decorations for their rooms and to finish working on their tshirt rugs.  It is such a peaceful home – I’m so glad that those girls have such a good environment and Mrs. Purkiss seems like such a wonderful lady.  I think there are only 7 girls there right now and I believe that they can accommodate 12 girls – praying for the girls that will be arriving soon (hoping that it might be some from GV).  We all enjoyed our time at MH – the girls loved all of the things that we spent time doing with them but we wished that we had more time there - our relationships with them were just beginning.  We left around 1 and it seemed like our time was too short.  We brought some little gift bags to give them and we left several of the supplies for them to make more friendship bracelets, pom poms & rugs.  We took a group photo with them tooJ

Our next "See you Later" was at Blossom Garden.  Although, when we arrived there were TONS of people there! The other EO group was there but we were expecting that – in addition, there was about 30 people from another group, so… the ratio was about 3 adults to 1 childL but we had brought several things with us to play with the kids so we took it all outside.  Eventually, all of the kids recognized us and started to hang out with usJ  It was a nice turn of events for the afternoon.  I ended up with little Nicolas in my lap for quite some time – he is kind of new to BG and tends to be a trouble maker.  He was quite the troublemaker the other day and we kinda had our “moment” – since then, he has started to trust me a little bit and I was happy that he seeked me out for comfort today. After he was satisfied, I ventured over to my favorite toddlers – I think they are my favorite age groupJ   Tyrese saw me and instantly wanted up – we hung out and played together.  He is just so precious and I love his personality.  Next thing that I knew it I had 4 toddler boys playing with me at the slide – it was a blast! Then the time had come – we led the toddlers to the dining room. Tyrese wouldn’t let me put him down – I had to go – and he wouldn’t let me – I couldn’t bear to put him down and leave him crying.  Luckily Crystal walked in and tyrese recognized her and reached for her – so I quickly made my escape.  It wasn’t as hard for me to leave BG – at least I know that these kids get VERY good care.  The Aunties take very good care of them and BG seems to have several people interested in helping them.  My prayer for them is that someday they will get to experience the love from a mother and father and to have a family

Our last day ended perfectly with baked chicken and rice & peas and ya cant forget the icecreamJ we took a big group picture with the other EO group and then headed to our last team meeting.  It was great to hear what the result of this mission trip has meant to everyone.  I really love every team member – they were so awesome and really worked well together.

Well… we are all packed now – ready to head home. As I type this I’m listening to the party going on down at the city center again – the 50 year celebration begins on Monday and so Mobay must be celebrating early – great J  Our flight leaves Mobay at 12:40 and we will have 1hr & 15min to go through customs in Charlotte – PLEASE PRAY THAT WE CAN SPEED THROUGH CUSTOMS!  From Charlotte the team will travel to Seattle and then bus home.  Please keep them in your prayers for safe travels too.  I will be saying “see you later” at charlotte – I am making a detour to Prague where my son is playing in a hockey tournament representing USA Hockey. I’m sad not to be finishing the final leg of our journey together but this is a once in a lifetime opportunity.

Thanks for following along our trip… we will be sharing at Calvary after we get home and will be able to share the sweet faces of the orphans of Jamaica that we've fallen in love with - we will post here when that will be so you can plan on joining us:)

No comments: