Pages

Sunday, October 19, 2008

October 19th - Last Team meeting

WOW! what a night! We all gathered at Bonnie and Jeff's house tonight for dinner and packing. It worked out great - everyone brought food over and while it was cooking - the rest of packed suitcases. Their living room was full of supplies and i am amazed at what we packed. Each person can bring 2 suitcases at 50# each (in addition to a personal item & carry on) - so, everyone's 2nd suitcase is full of supplies. Each suitcase was packed, weighed and inventoried. We inventoried them so we knew if we had the correct supplies needed from the list and if a suitcase got lost - then we can report what is in it with a value. Brooke and I quickly checked over the list that CCTC was trying to gather and it looks like we got pretty much all the necessities and all that will fit! See - why worry!!! God will take care of everything - He does provide!!!

Our families were all invited to the dinner tonight, which was nice for them to be able to meet the rest of the team from Spokane. Since, my VBS planning is pretty much done - i'm sure my emotions will start getting the best of me as i now start to pack my own personal suitcase and realize that i will be leaving my precious family for 2 weeks. Please pray for them (and me) while i am gone - i am so thankful that i am married to my bestfriend who is willing to allow me to go on this trip. We pretty much have a schedule figured out for help - and i am so thankful for that.

During the rest of the meeting, we double checked our passports, visas and airline tickets. I was thrilled to learn that i was issued a "multiple" entry visa - which means when I return in the next 6 months for our daughter, that i won't have to pay for another visa!

Our Airline flights are:
Leave PSC at 9:30am on Nov.1 to Seattle - where we meet up with the rest of the team.
Leave Seattle at 2:00pm to Beijing (nonstop)- arrive in Beijing at 4:35pm on Nov.2

Return at 4:50pm on Nov.15 to Seattle (nonstop)at 11:20am on Nov. 15
Return to PSC at 7:25pm

We also went over all of the plans for VBS - i will post those in the next few days...

1 comment:

elizabeth said...

Praying for you my friend... I love you and am so thankful you are in my life. God has blessed me greatly with you as my friend, and I know He has and will bless you on this journey of faith you are taking in His name and at His call.