Pages

Thursday, October 16, 2008

Preschool Help

I am really excited! PHF called me last night (after exchanging a few emails...) to talk about how i could possibly help them with training their preschool teachers while i am there!! I just am really excited to be able to help. They said that last summer a special ed teacher came to help train the teachers there on behavior management, assessment, lesson plans, curriculum, sensory learning and center time. So, i guess that they have tons of stuff but they are having a hard time implementing it. I am hoping that in the short time that i am there that i will be able to show them what "circle time" should look like with songs, music, stories etc... Right now they have circle time for 1 hr.!! Can you even imagine 2 1/2 - 4yr. olds sitting for that long doing teacher directed learning (such as: holding a picture or letter and having them repeat after you.) I can't wait to get there and have some fun!! I guess they do "the calendar" but all teacher directed - and not child interactive at all. Playtime for the last hr. sounds like it might be interesting - the teachers do not know how to play or facilitate learning play with the kids so from what i understand - not too much productive learning through play is taking place.

I can't wait to go and try to help - please pray for clear direction on specifically what i should focus on in the short amount of time that i will have there.

1 comment:

Kari said...

I am praying for you!! :)