Pages

Thursday, October 9, 2008

Questions & Answers...

I really got a "kick" out of this email from Steve yesterday - i thought that i'd share it ...

OK--really this is just answers to most of the questions that I have heard from our team and previous teams--
1. You get two suitcases, 1 carry on, and a personal item.
2. The max weight of a suitcase is 50 pounds
3. yes it's a long flight
4. yes you should exchange your money at the Beijing airport for a better rate.
5. it's up to you but I would bring a minimum of $250 for personal spending
6. The $2174 does cover all costs except souvenirs
7. I haven't heard from Leah about commuting or Kaifeng
8. Try to get supplies donated and not spend your own money.
9. the flight is nonstop from Seattle to Beijing
10. It's an airbus 330 so it has tvs in the facing seat
11. get to the airport 2 1/2 hours early since it's an international flight
12. yes you will get your tickets and passports when the PPs are sent back to me
13. I still have no news about mine and Judy's
14. yes we will all ride the same bus from Beijing airport to Phf
15. it's about 1 hour to PHF
16. yes you will be tired
17. yes the rooms are clean and nice
18. yes they have western toilets at PHF
19. No, you can't flush your toilet paper
20. yes it's awkward for all of us
21. no, I don't know the best technique for disposal, but you'll figure it out
22. yes you get water bottles each day
23. no, you can't drink from the tap or the sewage canal. You can but shouldn't
24. yes your heart will be changed
25. yes, I get scared too meeting people that I don't speak their language
26. yes, there will be food you like
27. no you won't go hungry
28. no I don't know what projects we will be assinged to do yet
29. no, KFC is not just like ours in the states
30. yes Andrew is leading music
31. No I haven't heard him sing
32. I don't know, his wife says he's good.
33. It's up to you what time you get up in the morning.
34. yes, we start morning devotion at 8:00 AM
35. no, lunch is not always good.
36. yes, dinner is always good.
37. I don't know. Last time they had chocolate and strawberry pop tarts.
38. yes, they have a phone and calling cards there.
39. yes they have internet and wi-fi
40. yes, you have to be careful about what you write.
41. no, I don't know any swear words in Chinese but I do know that "missionary" is one for our team
42. yes, I really do think it will be one of the greatest things you will ever do in your lifetime!

1 comment:

The Carr Family said...

Good Morning. I picked your blog up through a google search of Kaifeng. My son is from the deaf school that I am assuming that you will be working with through John B. Please email me at pcola_johnnycarr at yahoo.com. I would love to connect with you before you leave for China.