Pages

Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Day 4 - July 24

Blogged by Ronnie...


I am not much of a blogger so much of what I wanted to share with you in this entry is directly from my Journal – I hope that it reaches you in some way as God has through just walking where He would lead me. It was a lovely Wednesday morning seeing Debbie arise and smile with no more migraine – Thank you Jesus!! And thank you Saints for praying! We were presented with a lovely breakfast including scrambled eggs, a collard green like substance and mango slices fresh from the tree outside and a cup of Jamaican Java and shortly after set sail for Café Blue and I got an iced Jamaican coffee brew and some hula hoops at the drug store next store for the kids at the Blossom gardens for 350 Jamaican dollars :O we got stamps, water and all the items to get through the week. Our first stop would be at the Melody House where we finished up making some aprons and t-shirt rugs and had a sweet day of victory with sewing machines working when they all decided not to work the previous day,  I was working with a young girl who really wanted to quit along with me with all of yesterdays frustrations – but we both managed to get through the project with restored sewing machines and had a victory in the completions of two aprons which she made for a friend and even stitched her initials into it- so sweet and thoughtful of her- The Melody House is having a fish fry for a fundraiser on Friday so you can be in prayer for  God to accomplish all that concerns the facility and move people to take action to support financially and prayerfully and however else the Lord would impress their hearts. We ate lunch in the vehicle on our way to the Grandville Girls “Home” around 1.With a lovely 45 minute drive and satisfied bellies I was feeling pretty confident in presenting the girls with a smile as well as Jesus love . As we drove up to the gate there was a security guard that authorized our entry in the court yard where we parked and were then enclosed by a maybe 12 ft. fence lined with bobbed wire. The girls were on the other side of the fence that looked more like a prison to me than any facility I have ever seen- they were ruff housing it and hitting and pushing and laughing, quite a mixed amount of emotion all at once. There were around 60 girls there ranging from the age of 10-17. We were all responsible to bring out what we had brought in . I brought a Uno game and a bag of color crayons for coloring- and before you know it the girls had all the crayons out and we were sitting at the picnic table playing uno and coloring. I was greeting and getting to know names and was sure to keep a smile on my face as to bring cheer and a merry countenance to the girls- I held that smile on my face and was sure to keep it there at all times. Then I began to notice things, such as dark sad eyes and scars over every piece of flesh I saw – I began to recognize in the midst of the clay covered ground marked with rubble was  where the feet of these hurting children would spend the next season of their life however long that would be I have no idea- but it was a dagger to think that these girls had never experienced a sense of love and acceptance. It was really hard to take in and I immediately grew sad with  hidden tears that the little 10 year old girl that called me Momma was around the age of my eldest daughter and  I imagined my Hannah behind these bars. This little girl wanted me to walk with her and play with her. We sat and played a round of jenga and then she just wanted me to watch her and tell her what a great job she was doing- I kept praising her and high fiving her and just watched her as she announced “ this is is fun” This is soo much fun Momma” I know that this is what a lot of the girls must call the Nannies or workers but I couldn’t help but respond in my heart “ I am willing,  I will be your Momma” I loved this little girl and I took her under my wing. I will never forget her and will pray for her as she were my own daughter for safety favor and Jesus to be in her and show her great and marvelous things and show her the plans that He has to prosper her and give her a future and hope. This was so hard especially walking away feeling helpless and at the same time accountable. There is no way that I can just turn away and do nothing . I have this awareness and responsibility for these girls. I know that the burden isn’t for me to carry because I also know that the love that I feel fades away in comparison to the love that the Father has for these girls.  I will just end this with this verse James 2: 14- 17 “ If a brother or sister be naked, and destitute of daily food, And one of you say unto them, Depart in peace, be ye warmed and filled; notwithstanding ye give them not those things which are needful to the body; which doth it profit? Even so faith, if it hath not works , is dead, being alone.

No comments: