Pages

Monday, November 10, 2008

Nov. 10

It was great leisurely morning... many slept in which was much needed! There is another man staying here with us for the next few days - he is adopting a child that used to be here at PHF but was in a foster home. He is here by himself - his wife had to stay at home with their other children. I am so glad that we are here for him and were able to pray with him before he left - we got home late tonight so I am not sure how the union went...

John Bentley arrived around lunch time and we visited with him for a few hours before we went to Harmony House. He shared MANY things with us including his recent help with an orphanage in Inland China - he is "adopting" it to provide support for the orphanage which is ran by a man who has taken in 36 children - it has recently had a fire. His vision is to help it get back on its feet - and to get it functionable (cribs, and supplies) then to try to get sponsors for the children so it can has some sort of constant support. He also shared with us that they are moving the Harmony House into another location - the gov't is making him move:( So, our task here in the next few days is to clean up the new home and try to fix it up to get ready for the children. I am really excited about this but we are pr.ng about how we are going to provide the $ for this... with half of our team in Beijing, we are sure if they are in agreement - so please help us pr. to figure this out by the morning. After lunch, we visited the "new" location and the current location. I just LOVED seeing the children - they are soo sooo precious - i REALLY fell in love with them. Jessica was the first child i saw sitting in the high chair - (it was fun to be able to immediately recognize them by their picture) they are doing further testing but they are thinking that she may have leukemia - she is adorable!! The other little girl that i am really praying about is Savannah - she is almost 2 and has a repaired cleft lip - although it looks like she may still need some additional surgery - she is SOSO cute - i held her most of the time - she just tried to figure me out - she smelled soo good - like Johnson's baby shampoo - her cheeks were soo kissable and i did not want to put her down - I've asked Lily about her and she is telling me not to get my hopes up because she does not want what happend with Kay to happen with Savannah - but i will pray about it and if the L. closes doors then i will know:) Phoebe is also very precious! I could snatch her up in my suitase too - I played with her for awhile too:) We'll see where the L. leads us... We then went to Walmart and purchased some cleaning supplies for our job tomorrow. After that we went out to dinner with John, Wayne (a Board of Director who just recently moved out here), and the owner of the land where the new location of the Harmony House will be - we were building "Guanxi" (aka good relations) with them. We ate at a Szechuan-type restaurant and I think that I probably ate several foods that I have NO idea what they were! I think I ate chicken joints again - ugh:( I didn't know it until I took abite:( There was sooo much food and we had to be on our best behavior and have really good etiquette and "try" to use chopsticks (for some reason - this is extremely hard for me!!) The dinner seemed to go really well and I'm glad that we were able to help the Harmony House with this relationship building.

Tomorrow we have alot of work to do: some are staying at PHF to finish up some stuff here; some are going to clean Harmony house; and some may be going shopping to purchase some blinds, light fixtures, and bathroom fixtures...

Thanks for your P's!!!

No comments: