Pages

Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Nov. 11

We had a great day! Melanie stayed here at PHF to help Dr. Moody with a few things and helped Leah with taking some pics. Melanie (Bonnie's daughter) is a great photographer... Wini (from Spokane) went shopping with Pam Baker to bless her with a new sewing machine... The rest of us went to Harmony House. I was expecting to help clean the new location but Lily pulled up to the old location and asked who wanted to stay and help the nannies - everyone nominated me!! I was thrilled!!! I felt kinda guilty having so much fun and know the others were slaving away! So, when I arrived at the Harmony House a few kids were kind of standoffish but they quickly warmed up - and the nannieswere soooo sooo welcoming and were eager for me to help - I loved it! We played in the family room for awhile and Savannah kept her eye on me but kind of kept some distance. We went outside for a little while - I took tons of pics and some video. I'm not sure when I can post them - maybe later... Savannah really opened up to me while we were outside - it was precious. She had her hood on and it kept falling off so i would keep putting it back on her - I noticed that she was purposely taking it off and then coming to me to have me put it back on - it was fun - on the way back into the house Savannah took my hand - just precious!! Then I got to help the nannies feed the kiddos - Savannah could feed herself but she wanted me to feed her - too cute!!! I was then able to help the nannies change diapers and put the kids to bed - the little sleeping bags were very cool but too hard to try to explain... We had a delicious lunch and then Lily took Brooke and I to IKEA in Beijing to get some blinds and some light fixtures for the new location. We came back to meet the others - they had been cleaning the new location and it is looking great! H.H. is hoping to move in after the government turns on the heat on Nov. 15 - right now it is very cold!! We picked up our team and then met the Baker's for dinner - it was great fun~!! The Baker's are really great people! Tim is leaving in the morning to go to CA to speak at a church... So, that's our day.... we just found out that 3 people are returning to PHF tomorrow beause they miss the kids - not surprised... they are precious!! I definitely am falling in love with Savannah, but I am pretty sure that she is already matched - I am asking for prayers for her file to be found and for us to lock it in... or for G. direction on where our daughter is... It's kinda crazy though - there are sooo many more kids here at PHF but none of them has caught my heart... not sure why... Well, I am off to bed soon and will try to send some pics - tomorrow we are planning on finishing up at the H.H.

Love and hugs to all!

No comments: